Sometimes in life things happen to remind you that it’s important to stay present and not to get bogged down with regrets about the past or worries about the future. A great way to pull yourself back into the present moment is to make a list of all the things you’re grateful for and prompt yourself to notice everything that’s good in your life.
- I am grateful for the people in my life who are showing remarkable grace and courage as they adapt to new and trying circumstances
- I am grateful for the reminder that my mum is an incredibly strong woman who rises to any challenge
- I am grateful for my wonderful boyfriend who does so much each and every day to remind me just how lucky I am to have him in my life
- I am grateful for the fun conversation I had with my Dad today where we made speculative plans to watch England play in the World Cup Final together next weekend
- I am grateful for the Summer and the fact that I wake up to the sun shining into my bedroom every single morning
- I am grateful that the plants in my garden are thriving as I give them the care and attention they need
- I am grateful for the water that I have access to which keeps my body healthy
- I am grateful for a Sunday with no plans which means I’ve been able to indulge in one of my favourite things: taking an afternoon nap
- I am grateful for discovering a new TV programme produced by Shonda Rhimes, For The People, which has kept me entertained this weekend
- I am grateful for my new job which means I now look forward to the week ahead on a Sunday
What ten things are you grateful for today?